For impact investors
Is there an impact investor in you?
- Would you like your money to work for the good of the people and the planet?
- Do you want to know where your money really is? Is it where you want it to be?
- Is investing a way for you to make a contribution to the society? Would you like it to be?
Impact investors finance companies and other organizations that have solving social or ecological problems at the heart of their mission. These companies are often called social enterprises or impact enterprises. Investment instruments can be anything from debt to equity, obtained via crowdfunding or via traditional channels. The social impact bond is an example of a new instrument specific to impact investing. Investments can also be done via mutual funds.
Impact investors usually base their investment decisions primarily on their own values and impact they would like to create, and secondarily on expected returns. Expected returns can vary anywhere between zero and market rate. Impact investments should make only a part of the total portfolio.
Here is how we can help you:
- We have started identifying impact enterprises and developing dealflow in September 2015, and will connect you with potential investment opportunities at our meetups and via our Impactor List.
- We can help in finding an interesting and innovative impact team to spin into your company.
- Interested in supporting the development of the social entrepreneurship sector in Finland? You can support our work by buying investor shares in our cooperative.